Smart IHU Hands-On Workshop: Web Services and Smart Devices, 2015
The Smart IHU Project Overview, at Innovation Days 2014
The 'Smart International Hellenic University (Smart IHU)' is a research project in the field of Information Communication Technologies (ICT) for sustainable growth, energy efficiency and better quality of life. This is an area of research and development included in the Strategic Research Agenda of the European Union (EU). The aim is to transform IHU to a 'Smart' University building, ready for integration with Smart Grids via monitoring and management applications, energy and environmental data analytics and intelligent automation. The outcomes of the Smart IHU project are expected to support MSc theses and scientific publications in the domain of wireless sensor/actuator networks, decision support systems, web services, energy efficiency, smart grid algorithms and renewable energy sources.
The project incorporates the following research directions:
- 1. Deployment of Wireless Sensor/Actuator Networks (WSN) for remote monitoring and Management. Wireless platforms of ZigBee, WiFi and ZWave are mainly considered.
- 2. Integration of the wireless platforms using Semantic Web Services.
- 3. Application of the WSNs for Energy Analytics, Energy Efficiency and Management, Optimization and Automation.
- 4. On line data presentation for e-Learning.
- 5. Green Datacenter- Monitoring the energy efficiency of the datacenter of the International Hellenic University.
- 6. Smart Grid- Support of Smart Building/Smart Grid technologies and algorithms for demand response.
- 7. Development of sophisticated algorithms. Decision Support Systems (DSS), Ontologies, AI Planning.
The Smart IHU project is funded by Operational Program Education and Lifelong Learning, OPS200056 (International Hellenic University, Thessaloniki, Greece).
Many of the Smart IHU icons and graphics are derived from the Buuf iconset created by mattahan http://mattahan.deviantart.com/